The River Authority operates close to 45 miles of paddling trails throughout the San Antonio River Basin, including maintained put-in and take-out access points. The Be River Proud kayaking event series will include paddling trips on all the River Authority paddling trails to give the public the opportunity to engage with the river and learn about the parks and trails that are operated by the River Authority throughout its four-county service district.
The family kayak and camping event at John William Helton San Antonio River Nature Park is the next in the series on March 14-15. Check back soon for more details and registration!
As part of the Be River Proud kayaking event series, the River Authority will be giving away a prize package consisting of a new kayak with paddle and a personal flotation device. To be eligible, you must attend one of our scheduled events and register at the sign-in table. A winner will be announced on June 30, 2020.
Check back for event details and registration info on upcoming Be River Proud kayaking series opportunities:
- Family Camp & Kayak - March 14-15, 2020
- SASPAMCO Paddling Trail Kayak with the River Authority - Saturday, March 28, 2020
- Mission Reach Flotilla Fiesta - Saturday, April 18, 2020
- Canoe Trail Goliad Spring Flotilla - Saturday, April 25, 2020
- Museum Reach Kayak with the River Authority - Saturday, May 9, 2020
- Museum Reach Kayak with the River Authority - Saturday, May 30, 2020
- Museum Reach Kayak with the River Authority - Saturday, June 27, 2020